Frank aka DirtyF

In another post it was mentioned that one of the maintainers for Jekyll passed away, here is a link to a nice article about him:

I didn’t know him but frequently saw him helping people here, sorry to see he has passed away. In hindsight I wish I had said thanks to him for helping create and maintain Jekyll, I appreciate it.

So to anyone else who has helped maintain Jekyll in the past or present - Thanks! your work is appreciated though you may not hear that as often as you should!!

9 Likes

I had seen his name but never really looked at the history of the product. Unfortunately it is not until now I learned his importance. Very sad to hear and I will second your sentiment @rdyar!

2 Likes

Wait, a young (or maybe middle aged) healthy (presumably) person passed away in his sleep just like that, out of the blue, for no reason?! How can that be?!

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words. They mean a lot. In a world where open source maintainers often only see/hear complaints about their projects, the kind words mean so much more when we do see/hear them. <3

5 Likes

I’d like to chime in: THANK YOU!

1 Like