I’ve released a gem version of my fork of the official Jekyll Admin repackaged with alterations and additions.
Some of the new features bundled have been submitted as PRs and may end up (with any necessary refinements based on review from the Jekyll Admin maintainers) in the official version eventually.
But till then, Jekyll Manager should fill the void
- Sidebar routes cannot be manually hidden. They’re rendered based on whether Jekyll has read-in at least one file of the concerned type.
- Routes to Collections other than Posts are hidden within a collapsed list-item by default.
- Metadata fields for front matter are hidden with a collapsed section by default.
- Input path fields show / require the full
relative_pathof the requested file.
- Minor style changes.
- Other miscellaneous changes.
- A basic dashboard that provides insight on the current site and a means to add files to cetain empty content types (Pages, Posts, Data Files, Static Files).
- Draft posts can be created and edited via the admin interface provided your config file has
- Template files (files within
assetsat the root of your site) can be edited via the interface.
- Template files (and files within any directory) within a theme-gem can be viewed and copied over to the source directory for editing.
- Ability to select layouts for a document based on available layouts in the Site.
- Special metadata field for tags.
Feedback welcome at the GitHub Repo