Jekyll build failing

Hey all… Trying to get jekyll up and running… Everything install wise seemed to go well but the _site isn’t being built upon jekyll build

Followed the Jekyll Windows Installer Docs

jekyll -v shows I have the latest version

ran jekyll build all over the C: directory to nothing…

This is the output from the command line.

C:\xampp\htdocs\testing>jekyll build --watch
Configuration file: none
Source: C:/xampp/htdocs/testing
Destination: C:/xampp/htdocs/testing/_site
Incremental build: disabled. Enable with --incremental
Generating…
done in 0.016 seconds.
Auto-regeneration: enabled for ‘C:/xampp/htdocs/testing’

Thanks

I think that means there is no _config.yml file where you ran jekyll. If there an existing jekyll site there?

No jekyll site there. I was under the assumption if running the build to an empty subfolder would populate the config file and then I would modify. I tried running the build all around my C: drive with no success of it building _site. Just ran, ended, nothing.

if you want to create a new site you do jekyll new whatever-name-you-want-for the sub-folder and it will create a basic site.

Or you can copy someone elses site, main thing you need is a config file I think - but you will want a layouts and includes folder but I think the config file is the only requirement. I think.

You’re right. Glanced over the new portion of the documentation somehow… I’m still having an issue though… When I create the new and run the serve, I am missing the outside of _site folders/files… _sass, _includes, etc…

Any ideas?