I wrote a package a couple of years ago now for Atom which adds a few features to help with jekyll site development.
- New Post Modal - Takes a title and turns into a new post with the default front matter. Can be configured with a list of post directories.
- Key bindings to:
- Open the page/posts layout.
- Open the data file from the cursors current tag.
- Open the include for the cursors current tag.
- HTTP Server to host your _site folder with build on save of any file.
- Build on save for you to serve your content through another system.
- Loads of snippets.
It has recently been updated to meet some of the new Atom standards and I use it on a daily basis so development is still on going.
Any issues/ideas don’t hesitate to open a issue or PR on GitHub.