Which version of Jekyll is the Best for newbie?

Hello!

Please, help me to understand, which version of Jekyll is the best for Newbie?

Im installed 4.0.0 version of the Jekyll, but this version doesnt compatible with different themes/plugins.

For example: I want to install Jekyll-admin https://github.com/jekyll/jekyll-admin, but this plugin doesn’t work with the 4.0.0 version of the Jekyll.

And many themes too don`t work with last Jekyll version…

You could use the latest version that is supported by GitHub Pages (right now it is 3.8.5), most plugins will work with it. Usually, it takes time for GitHub as well as for plugins authors to upgrade to the latest version of Jekyll. You will not be missing out much except for building time improvement.

You can specify which version you want to use in your Gemfile, i.e. gem "jekyll", "~> 3.8.5"

Thank you sir very much for answer! But if I install Jekyll from scratch, will be installed 4.0.0 version of the Jekyll.

That means, that at this moment last version of the Jekyll is 4.0.0, not the 3.8.5 version, right?

Yes, I believe so. A new install will get you on version 4.0.0. You’ll have to specify an earlier version in your Gemfile if you want to use some plugins that are not yet working with 4.0.0. (a lot of plugins already do).