I use Jekyll for my blog, and I use Roam Research for note taking.
I’d like to be able to selectively publish portions of my notes that have been mentioned in posts.
I have a rake task that turns the json blob from Roam into a markdown page for each of my notes into /_notes, complete with front matter, and they render nice. But! I have a ton notes that are very personal, that I do not want on my blog.
I’d like to only render notes that are mentioned from a post.
For example, I have a blog post about how the government replaced all the birds with small drones to spy on us.
/_posts/2020-06-06-birds-are-not-real.md. In the post, I reference the following notes:
My dream build process is on
- downloads export from roam.
- looks through _posts/ for all links to _notes (cf above). (this is the thing I don’t know how to do)
- selectively renders only those pages that are referenced. (this code is already done).
- Jekyll builds _posts and _notes/
- People reading about birds can see my source material better.