What platforms have Jekyll site builders for hire?

Hi,

Design:
Are there industry standard jobs boards where I could find a designer to fine tune some of the visual elements of the site I’m building? (I’ve only ever used Fiverr)

Web3:
What about for someone that can token-gate the pages behind a wall that’s unlocked with NFTs? Is that a different skill set? A “web3 dev” or something?

Specifically on the design question, I’m wondering if it’s even possible for someone to build a static site that mixes text with GIFs in a similar way to this: Meryl Streep’s One Weird Trick - The New York Times

I could be wrong, but I don’t think that the Meryl Streep link is anything more than some fancy Javascript and Flexbox/CSS Grid work. That means you could absolutely create that look and I don’t think Jekyll has much to do with it. Sure, you might need to use Liquid (built into Jekyll) to properly form the URLs for the images, but the rest of it is just web design.

While the URL you shared is unique in the way it is moving images around, I think you will find people right about scrolling pages as Parallax scrolling. Technically, parallax scrolling tends to refer to adding some amount of three-dimensionality using two-dimensional imagery, but again I think any designer you looked for and said “create me a parallax view that does this” will understand what you need and can apply similar logic.

I have not played with parallax views, but I am willing to bet there are some good JavaScript frameworks to help with it.

I propose you peruse Codepen.io for some inspiration and then see who might design the look for you. So long as the designer does it in HTML standards, like HTML, CSS, SASS, and JavaScript (or JavaScript compiled from TypeScript or a framework), you should be good to go with Jekyll because it works with all those standards.

Here is an example I found on Codepen that does not exactly do what you want but shows the concepts.

Hi,
If you are still on the lookout for someone I would be happy to help you, as I am an experienced Jekyll developer.
You can reach me on andrewjohnson.56782@gmail.com
Cheers and Have a great day ahead,
Andrew