Limit to number of collections

I asked over in GitHub Community Forums about if anyone knows of a limit to collections.

Since it’s quite likely more of a jekyll question, I decided to bring it over here.

I’m using Minimal Mistakes (MM) to publish the contents of a discord server I run: infominer33/SourceCrypto, and have been enjoying the collections feature for that purpose for a few months, now.

I was migrating some updated content over from discord (exported to html via Tyrrrz/DiscordChatExporter/).

Because my collections are growing, I sorted the channels differently in 11 or 12 categories, vs 9.

Thats when the navigation broke, of course I didn’t test the changes locally, first. So I tore the whole website apart, (assuming for a while that my problem was in naviation.yml) deleted everything but my content and configuration files and used clean fresh copies of all MM files.

I found and fixed a lot, from there. Eventually I took out my collections and their configuration in config.yml, and my navigation came back.

I reduced the number of collections to 9, lo and behold, everything works!!!

Of course I skipped a few steps, and I’ll tell you up front that my commit messages are not very useful, and all of this came about because I didn’t build and test the updated collections locally, before deploying.

It was a lesson, but now I’m wondering… can anyone here tell me if they know anything about a limit to the number of collections?

-infominer.id