Jekyll fails to build site, I don't think I changed anything

Jekyll is complaining about minima-social-icons, if I understand the error correctly. I was trying to write a new blog post, but even removing the post doesn’t change this error:

Liquid Exception: Invalid syntax for include tag. File contains invalid characters or sequences: social-icons/.svg Valid syntax: {% include file.ext param='value' param2='value' %} in assets/minima-social-ico.html ------------------------------------------------ Jekyll 4.3.1 Please append–traceto thebuild` command
for any additional information or backtrace.
------------------------------------------------

I’m using the minima theme with the dark skin.

Sorry if this is an easy problem that I caused without knowing. I’ve not been able to find any information regarding this issue.

Things I’ve tried to fix the problem:

Removing favicons from /_includes/custom-head.html (…probably a pointless effort, but thought it worth a try.)

Removing minima-social-icons.svg from the project entirely.

Removing the last blog post I’d made before this problem started.

Not sure what else to do, I’ve been able to fix every other problem up until this point.

Here’s a link to what does work:
My website

Here’s a link to a branch I made with the failing-to-build project:

Jekyll failing to build branch

Hi, getting exact same issue, solved it by commenting out my social media lines in _config.xml , try following this stackoverflow page ruby - Minima theme build shows "Liquid Exception: Invalid syntax for include tag. File contains invalid characters or sequences" - Stack Overflow

ah, I just seen you got the answer when looking in the issues in the minina Github repo!! :slight_smile: