Can't terminate 127.0.0.1:4000 for running

I’ve download a jekyll theme on github which is called jekyll-theme-mdui and run it on my localhost, then I close the serve and the computer, after a while, I opened my computer to surprisingly find the theme is still running on 127.0.0.1:4000 without start the jekyll serve! Here comes the problem, I can’t even shut down the serve because I don’t know what is hosting the theme, even delete the whole folder didn’t work. Does anyone can help me to close the 127.0.0.1:4000?? I’m so desperate!

I can still browse web pages on 127.0.0.1:4000 while I terminated all the command lines. This happened even if restart the computer. And if I try to terminate process with the PID, it will shows like that:

kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec … or kill -l [sigspec]
tianyidexiaobenben:~ aitianyi$ kill -9 $(ps aux | grep ‘[j]ekyll’ | awk ‘{print $2}’)
kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec … or kill -l [sigspec]
tianyidexiaobenben:~ aitianyi$ kill -9 $(ps aux | grep ‘jekyll’ | awk ‘{print $2}’)
-bash: kill: (1093) - No such process
tianyidexiaobenben:~ aitianyi$ kill -9 $(ps aux | grep ‘jekyll’ | awk ‘{print $2}’)
-bash: kill: (1097) - No such process
-bash: kill: (1113) - No such process
the process seems to change the PID every time I try to search it. And there is no way to kill it…
I still can see the f**king site occupied on 127.0.0.1:4000

I’m guessing it’s just your browser loading from cache. Shift+F5 should clear it and reload.

Yep!I finally clean the chrome’s cache, it goes well now, and I’m really confuse why the browser catch my site in the cache.

Browsers always cache the websites you visit, including local sites. That’s how you can hit the back button without loading the previous page again. Sometimes (like in your case) cache will survive long enough that it can be used to load a page even after the server is gone.