Bash: jekyll: command not found

I am trying to make a portfolio website on github pages using the Chirpy theme. I had jekyll working before, but now everytime I try to use jekyll (like doing jekyll -v, bundle exec jekyll serve) I get bash: jekyll: command not found. It is confusing me because jekyll installs with no issues. For reference, I’m running Windows. I’ve tried to troubleshoot by uninstalling and reinstalling ruby and uninstalling and reinstalling jekyll.

what if you just do it from a normal command prompt or powershell?

I get the following:

'jekyll' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

what if you do ruby -v?

I don’t use bash, so not sure how that works, I use powershell or the regular command prompt and it all works fine. Is the bash that you are using part of the WSL sub linux thing?

It might be helpful if you post the full output from the terminal - your command plus any other lines with the error. Sometimes there are paths that you can see that help.

I’m a newbie so I’m not entirely sure what I’m doing in bash. I’ll just use command prompt from here on out.

C:\Users\kuehn>ruby -v
ruby 3.2.3 (2024-01-18 revision 52bb2ac0a6) [x64-mingw-ucrt]

I would try installing jekyll again via the command prompt and see what happens. I think if you were using the WSL bash linux thing it installs it for that only but no idea.