Jekyll / Bundler Errors on MacOS Catalina

Hi all, I’m new to the command line and I am really struggling. My jekyll project was working until I did an update to rubygems with gem update --system and ever since I’ve had no luck executing any jekyll commands on previously built projects.

I receive -bash: jekyll: command not found when trying jekyll serve and when running bundle exec jekyll serve it returns bundler: failed to load command: jekyll (/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/bin/jekyll) Gem::Exception: can't find executable jekyll for gem jekyll. jekyll is not currently included in the bundle, perhaps you meant to add it to your Gemfile? /Users/will/.gem/ruby/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.1.4/lib/bundler/rubygems_integration.rb:374:in block in replace_bin_path’
/Users/will/.gem/ruby/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.1.4/lib/bundler/rubygems_integration.rb:402:in block in replace_bin_path' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/bin/jekyll:23:in <top (required)>’
Wills-MacBook-Pro:club-business-expo will$
`
I get the feeling I’ve installed multiple version of Ruby improperly and messed up the path. I need some help to avoid a factory reset on my device :frowning:

I think so - it looks like you have ruby in both /usr and /users.

This seems to happen frequently, not sure why. Usually uninstalling and re-installing ruby seems to fix it.