To Jekyll Core Team: Will ever multilanguage support come Jekyll?

Hello,

I am trying to setup a personal web site, after long searching many static site generators, I have landed on jekyll… I have even commented about my reasoning in this post My landing on Jekyll

However, I have realized that I have left a major issue open my research…Multilangual web site. Actually I have search the availability of this feature first in jekyll and then in plugins. After seeing so many plugings, I though, I would not have problem.

However as much as I research, I have found only one maintained and out of maybe 20…It’s documentation is better than nothing… The solution currently breaks a very simple web site…

The competing SSG Hugo for example native, built-in solution…

Jekyll is one of oldest and most mature site generators, why not making jekyll handle this issue natively…

Many themes does not support or make easy multilanguage solutions. Novice users like me have to handle subtle issues between themes, jekyll and the plugin…For example, I am using minimalist mistake theme and his author has stated, it should be handled by the jekyll in its GitHub support pages…I think that he is right.

I am about to think that native English speakers think the word revolves around them, so they do not need it …:slight_smile:

In 2020, in version 4, I believe multilanguage should be part of jekyll and the themes should take multilanguage by design…

I would like to hear about the views of Jekyll core team since GitHub page directs me here for support…

I have to say that Jekyll has lost its momentum… I am seeing lots of questions unanswered including this one…

sorry you feel that way, keep in mind everyone working on it is a volunteer.

I don’t have a need for languages so have no experience in how to do it, so sorry I am unable to help.