Problem with migratiion from blogger

It looks like the Window’s command shell needs special quoting for the “>” character, so replace => with =^> in the command. I tested this line under Windows 10 and Jekyll 2.7 and it runs until it tries to load the missing XML file:

ruby -r rubygems -e 'require "jekyll-import"; JekyllImport::Importers::Blogger.run({ "source" =^> "/_import/blog-03-22-2021.xml", "no-blogger-info" =^> false, "replace-internal-link" =^> false, })'
1 Like

Thank you again. Now I run the script and I get this traceback message

Traceback (most recent call last):
        2: from -e:1:in `<main>'
        1: from D:/programs/Ruby27-x64/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/jekyll-import-0.20.0/lib/jekyll-import/importer.rb:24:in `run'
D:/programs/Ruby27-x64/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/jekyll-import-0.20.0/lib/jekyll-import/importers/blogger.rb:17:in `validate': No such file or directory - File not found: /_import/blog-03-22-2021.xml (Errno::ENOENT)

Super! Now you just need to locate the Blogger export file. At the moment you’re using the absolute path /_import/blog-03-22-2021.xml, but maybe you meant a relative path _import/blog-03-22-2021.xml (no leading slash)? Alternatively, move the XML file to the same directory and just use the filename blog-03-22-2021.xml.

1 Like

Thank you for your time, the last note seems to fix the problem (the folder without leading lash). All my blog postd transfered successfully on jekyll blog.
Tnank you again

1 Like