Jekyll serve is not autoregenerating for changes

I am using jekyll with bundler and so am using the command:

bundler exec jekyll serve --incremental

Recently I am finding that when I change a post locally, autoregeneration does not happen.

Stopping the server and restarting it does not cause the new content to be processed.

The only way I can get the new content to appear is by doing a clean and then regenerating the site.

I can’t think of anything that I’ve changed that would cause this. Has anyone has seen this before or have some suggestions as to the cause or a solution? Thank you.

The --incremental flag is still experimental. Does the issue still happen if you remove it?

1 Like

That seems to have done the trick. Thank you!

The serve command prints this to the console, which doesn’t give the impression that it is an experimental feature:

Incremental build: disabled. Enable with --incremental

The option listing in jekyll help serve doesn’t give any hint that it’s experimental either.

I am still back on the jekyll supported by GitHub Pages, so that may have changed in newer versions.

Regardless - problem solved - thank you!

You are right about this weird output from jekyll serve. The only place I could find information about this feature being experimental is in the official documentation

1 Like