How writing flat paginator?

I need a blog with many posts.
I canot use subdirectory. How generate a flat paginator and web pages with my posts?

I need page1.html page2.html etc. not blog/index.html blog/1/index.html etc.

You can use Jekyll Pagination.

The site seems to be down at the moment, so hopefully, that is just a temporary issue.

I know this is not what you are asking for, but I tried using pagination and it was not my favorite thing to work with, so on my website, I just list the top posts. At the end of the list, there is a link that says ā€œSee all >>ā€ and it lists everything and uses fewer graphics and visual real estate. Something to consider as an alternativeā€¦

@BillRaymond You are wrong, ā€˜paginationā€™ does not enable such a way. It always generates directories and index.html files ,

But show if you can. Iā€™m waiting.

P.S. How not generating a directory?

@srem1 I am not wrong :slight_smile:

I never explained how pagination works. I shared a link to the page on Jekyllā€™s official documentation so you can learn more.

I also shared how I decided to handle pagination as an alternative because I felt it was easier to implement.

My approach can be seen here. As you can see, I display about a dozen posts on the home page. Then at the bottom, I have a ā€œSee all podcasts >>ā€ link. That is the alternative I decided to take over pagination. That is it. Just sharing an alternative solution.

That said, if you want pagination, then you can review the link I sent.

@BillRaymond ou seriously donā€™t read documentation BEFORE you ask a question? Then why are you posting here?

I asked how not to create directories with index.html files, for example, but you didnā€™t answer.

If you think itā€™s easy then write how to do it or donā€™t litter the thread.

Letā€™s be polite ā€“better: kindā€“ to each other. Billā€™s contributions are usually top-notch and well thought out, based on substantial effort.
Re organising a many posts page: I tried to organise it with tags: Blog

1 Like