How to add a favicon to minima?

Hi, I would like to add a log/favicon to minima but I do not see how or any question about this topic.

Thanks for your help

did you try just dropping it into the root of your repo? (favicon.ico file)

You could also figure out how minima does the head section and add the actual code to load a favicon there - it is in either a layout or an include. To do that you may need to copy the theme files into your repo so you can edit them/override the theme files.

Hi Rdyar,

I’m asking it because when I start a clean copy it gives an error asking for it. May be there should be a favicon.ico somewhere in the master project (that I cannot find) to avoid the error (for once and for all as a default icon).

D:\Jekyll\limpio\limpio>bundle exec jekyll serve
Configuration file: D:/Jekyll/limpio/limpio/_config.yml
            Source: D:/Jekyll/limpio/limpio
       Destination: D:/Jekyll/limpio/limpio/_site
 Incremental build: disabled. Enable with --incremental
      Generating...
       Jekyll Feed: Generating feed for posts
                    done in 1.483 seconds.
 Auto-regeneration: enabled for 'D:/Jekyll/limpio/limpio'
    Server address: http://127.0.0.1:4000/
  Server running... press ctrl-c to stop.
[2019-12-24 09:41:45] ERROR `/favicon.ico' not found.

When I put an image on the root and call it favicon.ico, the error dissapears, I can include the logo, but it is not where there should be and I guess other people are finding the same problem. I did not ask to bother anybody, just to help others and make an easier product to use.

Thanks for your help.

This is less of a Jekyll thing and more of a web development/browser thing.

The favicon.ico error you get from jekyll serve is misleading. It’s not really an error, and is just webrick reporting your browser is trying to load that file and it doesn’t exist.

Most (if not all) modern browsers look for a favicon to use in that location. You can just add the file to root as @rdyar suggested, do nothing, or modify the theme to add favicon(s) to the <head>.

Here are some other ways of dealing with it if you don’t want to actually add the file.