Error 'repo_pages_info' and ConnectionFailed in /_layouts/default.html

I am receiving the following Travis CI Error Summarized:

3.58s$ bundle exec jekyll build Configuration file: /home/travis/build/rosepac/ciberninjas/_config.yml Source: /home/travis/build/rosepac/ciberninjas Destination: /home/travis/build/rosepac/ciberninjas/_site Incremental build: disabled. Enable with --incremental Generating... Invalid theme folder: _sass Remote Theme: Using theme mmistakes/minimal-mistakes Jekyll Feed: Generating feed for posts GitHub Metadata: No GitHub API authentication could be found. Some fields may be missing or have incorrect data. GitHub Metadata: Error processing value 'repo_pages_info': Liquid Exception: uninitialized constant Faraday::Error::ConnectionFailed Did you mean? Faraday::ConnectionFailed in /_layouts/default.html jekyll 3.8.5 | Error: uninitialized constant Faraday::Error::ConnectionFailed Did you mean? Faraday::ConnectionFailed The command "bundle exec jekyll build" exited with 1.

It has been failing for days and despite this, the site continues to update without problems. It seems that there is no change that directly influences the error. The exact point where it began to fail: here

I thought the mistake would be because I changed in: gemfile> gem "wdm", "~> 0.1.0" if Gem.win_platform?
by
gem "wdm", "~> 0.1.1" if Gem.win_platform?

But I have verified that it is not corrected by modifying it.

I use jekyll with the remote theme minimal errors. I have changed index.html to index.md. Maybe that has something to do with that of the default template?

Some idea of ​​what it could be or how to correct it. Thank´s…

The exact cause is a gem named faraday in your bundle.
Edit your Gemfile to lock Faraday to versions older than v1.0:

# Gemfile

gem "faraday", "< 1.0"

Can I edit it if I use a remote theme? In gemfile.lock? I have a gemfile file but there is nothing faraday in it.

My Gemfile:
`source “https://rubygems.org

gem “github-pages”, group: :jekyll_plugins
gem “tzinfo-data”
gem “wdm”, “~> 0.1.0” if Gem.win_platform?

If you have any plugins, put them here!

group :jekyll_plugins do
gem “jekyll-paginate”
gem “jekyll-sitemap”
gem “jekyll-gist”
gem “jekyll-feed”
gem “jemoji”
gem “jekyll-include-cache”
gem “html-proofer”
end`

There is a gemfile.lock in my text editor but it is not in the Github project. Is it supposed to be a thing of remote files?

Thanks for the help… :crossed_fingers:

The remote theme will have nothing to do with your Gemfile.
One of the gems you’re loading has faraday as a dependency.

You should be able to determine that but searching through your gemfile.lock and seeing what it’s listed under.

If I had to guess it’s htmlproofer. That gem has a lot of dependencies that are known to be problematic to install. I’d try commenting it out and see if Travis stops complaining.

Commented htmlproofer and I also tried changing index.md to index.html. Just in case that was generating a problem. It seems that everything remains the same. report

I have changed the blog page to the URL; / Blog / I think it more or less coincides when it started to fail. Could it be related to that “repo_pages_info” this? :pensive:

Repor extend:

$ bundle exec jekyll build Configuration file: /home/travis/build/rosepac/ciberninjas/_config.yml Source: /home/travis/build/rosepac/ciberninjas Destination: /home/travis/build/rosepac/ciberninjas/_site Incremental build: disabled. Enable with --incremental Generating... Invalid theme folder: _sass Remote Theme: Using theme mmistakes/minimal-mistakes Jekyll Feed: Generating feed for posts GitHub Metadata: No GitHub API authentication could be found. Some fields may be missing or have incorrect data. GitHub Metadata: Error processing value 'repo_pages_info': Liquid Exception: uninitialized constant Faraday::Error::ConnectionFailed Did you mean? Faraday::ConnectionFailed in /_layouts/default.html jekyll 3.8.5 | Error: uninitialized constant Faraday::Error::ConnectionFailed Did you mean? Faraday::ConnectionFailed The command "bundle exec jekyll build" exited with 1. cache.2 store build cache $ bundle clean Removing html-proofer (3.15.0) Removing parallel (1.19.1) Removing nokogumbo (2.0.2) Removing rainbow (3.0.0) Removing yell (2.2.1) 0.00s5.11schanges detected (content changed, file is created, or file is deleted):\n/home/travis/build/rosepac/ciberninjas/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/bin/htmlproofer /home/travis/build/rosepac/ciberninjas/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/cache/html-proofer-3.15.0.gem /home/travis/build/rosepac/ciberninjas/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/cache/nokogumbo-2.0.2.gem /home/travis/build/rosepac/ciberninjas/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/cache/parallel-1.19.1.gem /home/travis/build/rosepac/ciberninjas/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/cache/rainbow-3.0.0.gem /home/travis/build/rosepac/ciberninjas/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/cache/yell-2.2.1.gem /home/travis/build/rosepac/ciberninjas/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/extensions/x86_64-linux/2.5.0/nokogumbo-2.0.2/gem.build_complete /home/travis/build/rosepac/ciberninjas/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/extensions/x86_64-linux/2.5.0/nokogumbo-2.0.2/gem_make.out /home/travis/build/rosepac/ciberninjas/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/extensions/x86_64-linux/2.5.0/nokogumbo-2.0.2/mkmf.log /home/travis/build/rosepac/ciberninjas/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/extensions/x86_64-linux/2.5.0/nokogumb\n... changes detected, packing new archive uploading master/cache--linux-xenial-e3b0c44298fc1c149afbf4c8996fb92427ae41e4649b934ca495991b7852b855--rvm-2.5.3--gemfile-Gemfile.tgz cache uploaded

Could be.
Question. What are you using Travis CI for?
To build and deploy your site or to test it?

If you’ve installed the theme as remote_theme and hosting on GitHub Pages, then you can cut the middleman out and just do it all through GH. Might clear up some of the dependency issues.

If you’re using Travis CI to build and deploy elsewhere, then you shouldn’t be using the remote theme option. Instead install the theme as a Ruby gem, and replace github-pages gem with vanilla gem "jekyll".

Feels like that gem might be your issue as the repo_pages_info variable seems like something that comes from that or one of the github meta gems.

It would be helpful to see your repo too, to see what you’re doing and clone it.

@ashmaroli @mmistakes That ends up working. By placing it below the list of plugin gems. It works perfectly thanks. I had to find this to find out well what I was doing.

Thank´s for all :clap::clap::clap: :see_no_evil: