A customizable CMS for Jekyll

Hey folks, we’d love some feedback on a feature we just added to our Jekyll CMS. See post here - Customize your CMS UI with Front Matter Templates.

In my WordPress days, I always hated how you couldn’t easily customize the UI and everything felt like a hacky work-around. With Front Matter Templates you can customize the presentation of your front matter fields in your CMS. Here are a couple of examples of things you can do:

Add help text, reorder fields, mark fields as hidden, change the type of a field

I’d love to know what you think.

3 Likes

@Scott-Forestry.io Front Matter Templates have been working for me great for the most part. I’m noticing problems with the ‘create template from this post’ option is not reading all my keys… does not create fields from my existing posts / collections.

I’m in the middle of hooking up my first client site on Forestry.io right now and I’ll report back once I’ve made some headway and can write up what I’ve learned. There are a few other buggy things I’m keeping track of - nothing too limiting.

Hey @whaleen, thanks for letting me know. We’re rolling out some big updates to Forestry this week and next, but after that we’re going to really improve the UX around FMTs. I’d love to hear what your thoughts are. Do you use slack? Can you PM me your email and I’ll add you to our slack group?

@Scott-Forestry.io Looking forward to the updates. I’m really pleased with what you’ve got so far. Yes, I’ve got Slack around here somewhere. Will PM my email.