"Your bundle is locked to i18n (1.9.0) from rubygems"

Hi! I’m running a fresh install of Ruby for Jekyll use on Ubuntu (WSL2) and after following the install instructions here when I run

$ bundle install

I get the below error:

Your bundle is locked to i18n (1.9.0) from rubygems repository https://rubygems.org/ or installed locally, but that version
can no longer be found in that source. That means the author of i18n (1.9.0) has removed it. You'll need to update your
bundle to a version other than i18n (1.9.0) that hasn't been removed in order to install.

Would anyone be able to help me please?

TY!

Rich

p.s. the repo itself is here: GitHub - endbloke/portfolio

you might try deleting the gemfile.lock file and then do bundle install. The lockfile is probably telling bundler to use this exact set of versions of all the gems, but it sounds like it doesn’t like the version of the i18n gem that is pinned there.

You should still be able to get the contents of the gemlock file from git if something goes wrong with deleting it.

please note I don’t use any plugins and don’t use bundler or a gemfile so me saying to delete it may be bad advice, but I think it is ok.

1 Like

That was it! Thank you!

For my interest how do you use Jekyll without bundler or a gemfile?

my understanding is bundler (and the gemfile) is used to keep track of any plugins or themes you use - I use neither so there is nothing for bundler to keep track of. I suppose it could track the jekyll version as well but I don’t need that. I find the themes to be overly complicated and have not seen any plugins that would do anything I can’t accomplish in plain liquid. My sites are just business websites - not blogs that need anything fancy.