Problems with using Flickraw

Hello everyone

I’m new to this jekyll thing and gem thing and wanted to start with builiding a website for my photography. I found a plugin for importing flickr pictures into the website called “flickraw”
I have used the command below to install the plugin

gem install flickraw

and got this message

Fetching: flickraw-0.9.9.gem (100%)
Successfully installed flickraw-0.9.9
Parsing documentation for flickraw-0.9.9
Installing ri documentation for flickraw-0.9.9
Done installing documentation for flickraw after 0 seconds
1 gem installed

I checked the installation folder and there were files installed!

I placed the needed files from here into the _plugins folder

When I built the site, following error occured:

Dependency Error: Yikes! It looks like you don't have /mnt/c/Users/Joel von Rotz/Desktop/FlickrWebsite/_plugins/indii-
jekyll-flickr.rb or one of its dependencies installed. In order to use Jekyll as currently configured, you'll need to install this
gem. The full error message from Ruby is: 'cannot load such file -- flickraw' If you run into trouble, you can find helpful 
resources at https://jekyllrb.com/help/!

Why is this happening? I don’t understand what the error message is trying to say, except it kind of can’t load the flickraw file

But well, I’m fairly new to jekyll and gems and I need help resolving this problem.

- Potatosalad

Its possible it does not like the spaces in your username and that is making it fail. Can you try moving your root folder to something like C/jekyll ? Since the folder is on your desktop the path includes your username, moving it to a more specific location may work.

Maybe try to add the new installed gem into your Gemfile?:thinking: