Hello! I currently have a Jekyll site that I am hosting out of an AWS S3 bucket. Locally I a using Git and I have a Stage branch and a Master branch. I have a question about CD/CI
For context, my current fork flow is:
- Create a new branch in Git for whatever post I am working on. Write the post with a text editor Save and commit
- When I am satified with this post, run
bundle exec jekyll buildand merge this branch for the post into the Stage branch.
- Run a locally AWS CLI command to upload the _sites directory to the S3 bucket for the stage site (http://stage.mydomain.com).
- If I am satified with how the site looks on Stage, merge stage into Master
- Run a local AWS CLI command to upload the _sites directory to the S3 bucket for the prod site (http://mydomain.com)
My eventual goal to to build a pipeline to automate building the site and deploying to the S3 buckets after Git pushes. I have seen that there are some packages that are GUI admin/editors for Jekyll sites that run locally. I was curious if anyone had any experience using the GUI editors with deployment pipelines. If so, what tools were you using?