Jekyll Serve From a Different Directory

Hello!

I’ve been using Jekyll for a while now and it’s working great! My question relates to running Jekyll from a folder that has been moved to a different directory. As a newcomer to this forum, I apologize if my question is posted at the wrong place. And thank you for your help!

I recently had to move my Jekyll website folder to a different directory on my computer. This caused bundle exec jekyll serve not to be working, resulting in this error message:

------------------$ JEKYLL_ENV=production bundle exec jekyll build
bundler: failed to load command: jekyll (/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/bin/jekyll)
LoadError: dlopen(/usr/local/Cellar/ruby/2.6.3/lib/ruby/2.6.0/x86_64-darwin18/digest/sha1.bundle, 9): Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/libssl.1.0.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/Cellar/ruby/2.6.3/lib/ruby/2.6.0/x86_64-darwin18/digest/sha1.bundle
  Reason: image not found - /usr/local/Cellar/ruby/2.6.3/lib/ruby/2.6.0/x86_64-darwin18/digest/sha1.bundle
  /Users/nagy/.gem/ruby/2.6.0/gems/sass-3.7.4/lib/sass/engine.rb:2:in `require'
  /Users/nagy/.gem/ruby/2.6.0/gems/sass-3.7.4/lib/sass/engine.rb:2:in `<top (required)>'
  /Users/nagy/.gem/ruby/2.6.0/gems/sass-3.7.4/lib/sass.rb:99:in `require'
  /Users/nagy/.gem/ruby/2.6.0/gems/sass-3.7.4/lib/sass.rb:99:in `<top (required)>'
  /Users/nagy/.gem/ruby/2.6.0/gems/jekyll-sass-converter-1.5.2/lib/jekyll/converters/scss.rb:3:in `require'
  /Users/nagy/.gem/ruby/2.6.0/gems/jekyll-sass-converter-1.5.2/lib/jekyll/converters/scss.rb:3:in `<top (required)>'
  /Users/nagy/.gem/ruby/2.6.0/gems/jekyll-sass-converter-1.5.2/lib/jekyll-sass-converter.rb:4:in `require'
  /Users/nagy/.gem/ruby/2.6.0/gems/jekyll-sass-converter-1.5.2/lib/jekyll-sass-converter.rb:4:in `<top (required)>'
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/jekyll-3.8.6/lib/jekyll.rb:200:in `require'
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/jekyll-3.8.6/lib/jekyll.rb:200:in `<top (required)>'
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/jekyll-3.8.6/exe/jekyll:8:in `require'
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/jekyll-3.8.6/exe/jekyll:8:in `<top (required)>'
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/bin/jekyll:23:in `load'
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/bin/jekyll:23:in `<top (required)>'

Besides the directory change, everything else remained the same on the operating system. I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

not sure, interwebs seem to say uninstall and re-install openssl?

I’d maybe uninstall and reinstall ruby. Kind of looks like you have ruby installed twice? once in /usr/ and once in /users/ and there is a conflict?

Thank you! This seemed to be an issue.