Any solution idea commit and push .md on iPhone?

Jekyll Blog posts from my iPhone?

Is there an app or something similar that I can use to compose a post (in markdown), and then push to my site?

Right now I subscribed to 2 apps name PolyGit and Working Copy. Use quite well.
Also, I try to install a-shell on iPhone to use lg2 for commit and push after edit.
And the third option mine use the Github web version on iPhone.

So I want to know how you (the developer) and people would use any different way to handle push .md posts to Github one a time in a couple of days?

I like to learn more, so if you have any ideas, please don’t hesitate to comment here and let me know how you deal with the .md posts on iPhone.

Thanks a lot.

You can use the browser version of GitHub on your phone.

1 Like

in my opinion, editing code on iPhone:

1. PolyGit
    easy to use. Simple. Clean. And cheap $15/year
  2. GitHub web on iPhone
    Pretty hard to zoom in and edit code, but it still works fine, and it is very cheap: 0 costs.
  3. Working Copy
    I have to spend $20 for this app; it works fine, but it has too many things and features, somehow, it annoys me. So many websites recommended this app, but not me. Otherwise, this app is the most expensive app on iPhone.

+1 for Working Copy; that’s what I use.

Well, I use iA Writer to write the MD, then Working Copy to do the Git stuff. WC will do both just fine though.

2 Likes

Not an app, per se, but I use Forestry to publish all my posts, and the web UI is pretty nice even on an iPhone. The WYSWYG editor uses markdown in the backend, but puts the formatting icons (bold, italic, headings, etc) at the bottom of the page, so you have to sort of scroll down to use them. If you select the icon, you can choose the Raw editor and that will allow you to hard-code your markdown. Works pretty nicely.

1 Like

I learned forestry from you, Bill, a few months ago. And I have already used it for my URL Shortening project at https://redirect.ninja.tk and gave free accounts to my customers.

But unfortunately, forestry is a bit low down on speed access from my wifi house, and I usually write a note at night, and low speed makes me very stressed.

Forestry is good, but I hope they improve the speed soon; it is not only to complain about their speed but also my customers, users, and people complain about that too, and I have spent a lot of time explaining and doing some stuff for them by my hands with an app on iPhone, that is the main reason I try to share experience at here, our community, if they have trouble, they can easily edit it on the phone and push it late, even wifi is not available.

Thanks, much, guy; everyone has worked hard to improve everything and share with us.

1 Like