Liquid: Where "Category" Filter Except Certain Categories

This is probably an easy solution. On my index page, I’m wanting to show all posts except a “Preview” and “Featured” category. I am only seeing where the where filter is additive, not subtractive.

Here is the for loop currently:

<div class="cf frame">
  {% for post in paginator.posts %}
    <article class="post" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/BlogPosting" role="article">
      <div class="article-item">
        <header class="post-header">
          <h2 class="post-title" itemprop="name"><a href="{{ post.url }}" itemprop="url">{{ post.title }}</a></h2>
        </header>
        <section class="post-excerpt" itemprop="description">
          <p>{{ post.content | split:'<!-- break -->' | first | strip_html }}</p>
		  <a href="{{ post.url }}" itemprop="url">Continue reading...</a><br><br>
        </section>			
      </div>
    </article>
  {% endfor %}
</div>

Thanks in advance for any help!
Ryan

Because you’re using paginator.posts via jekyll-paginate I think your options might be limited as its been deprecated.

There’s are these threads asking for what I believe you want, but they’ve been closed.

jekyll-paginate-v2 picks up where the official paginate plugin left off, with many features like paginating collections, categories, etc. Doesn’t look like it has the exclude feature you want just yet.

Ok gotcha, thanks for the info.

Looks like I can accomplish what I was looking to do with the “hidden: true” tag, really. Which was basically just wanting to have posts that are publicly available but don’t show up in my main feed.

Thanks again!