Match the Jekyll brand

Re-work on the front-end of this website and make it similar to Jekyll brand, it doesn’t feel like Jekyll’s place, except the logo itself.

No comments for Jekyll branding?

I kind of like it, though I am not involved with it in any way. If you have an idea and want to create a demo I’m sure it would be considered. The whole jekyll website/repo can be forked and you could have your way with it.

But I would guess that it is functional as is, and people are more interested in moving the codebase along than refreshing the look. But that’s just a guess!

I am talking about the talk.jekyllrb.com website branding, it doesn’t match with jekyllrb.com.

ah - well, that would mean skinning discourse, and that is no easy feat, would not recommend that.

So, discourse doesn’t allow to customize the theme?

sure it can be customized, but I think it is complicated - and this is very functional as is.

Keep in mind I am just a user like you, so I have no real say in this, that is just my impression, partly based on installing and setting up a discourse instance once upon a time.

I see.

Isn’t there is any other software for building communities. You know which is more easily hackable.

ha - discourse is by far the best IMHO.

don’t mean for that to sound snarky - and I suppose if you are looking for a community then discourse lacks some stuff. I just see it as a tech support forum, and think it is very efficient.

How about self-hoted Slack?