Jekyll installation on mac

Hi everyone, I’m new to this… so please be easy on me. I’m trying to install jekyll on mu mac, and getting the following “/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.3/usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in require': cannot load such file -- rubygems/core_ext/kernel_warn (LoadError) from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.3/usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:inrequire’ from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.3.0/rubygems.rb:1395:in &lt;top (required)&gt;' from &lt;internal:gem_prelude&gt;:4:inrequire’ from <internal:gem_prelude>:4:in `<internal:gem_prelude>’” can anyone help to let me know what i should do, I tried follow the installation for mac os from the jekyll site to no avail.

Make sure to follow our instructions to install Jekyll on your mac.

Looks like you have a permission problem, this is addressed in the docs.

There are a few Ruby installers out there that might simplify your setup; I use rvm, which by default, installs in your user space and does not require administrative (superuser aka root) permissions. After installing rvm you will have a current Ruby interpreter in your path. I use this with Jekyll. You can find instructions at https://rvm.io/rvm/install.

RVM installs all of itself in your ~/.rvm directory tree, so if you ever want to remove it you can simply remove that directory. It loads itself in your shell environment so you would also need to close any terminal windows that had it loaded.

Hi Leopold,

I’m in a similar situation, meaning that I cannot get Jekyll to run on an M1 Mac. But something stands out in your error… it mentions Version 2.3, but no recent version of macOS has shipped with Ruby 2.3. The current version you’ll find on macOS Big Sur is 2.6.
Not sure how you got into that situation, but the installation steps you are following might be for an earlier version of macOS.